Updated Win8PE includes x86 & x64 versions

2014/01/03 | By | 34 Replies More

This is an updated version of my original x86 winpe8 found here plus a new x64 version.  This updated version includes the apps listed below as well as some new ones, like Internet Explorer 10 and ClamWin Antivirus.  I have also applied any new updates to all the portable apps. I am no longer including the ‘press any key’ version, since most users seemed to prefer the version that does not prompt to press a key

Google Chrome 31 Internet Explorer 10
7Zip MBR Fix
ServiWin Regshot
Clamwin Antivirus ANote
Eraser Filezilla FTP
Foxit PDF Reader Irfan View
Multi Res CC Cleaner
Process Explorer Process Hacker
Tree Size Process Monitor
IMDisk Virtual Disk Defraggler
DriveImage XML Drive Snapshot
VLC Virtual Keyboard

All portable apps are listed in the Windows Start Menu under Portable Apps. If you prefer to use the Portable Apps menu instead then run the Portable Apps Menu shortcut on the taskbar.  The portable apps menu also allows you to download more apps by selecting the Apps>Get more apps. These freshly downloaded apps will only be available during the current session

portable apps menu

Screenshots

desktop

all programs menu

system info x86

system info x64

Download Button5

It’s a large download (550 – 750mb) so be patient it can take 10-20 minutes (depending on your internet speed) to download. After downloading burn the boot-able ISO file to CD, USB or mount  the iso

Also be sure to check out my all new Dual Booting Win8.1PE with option to boot into either x86 or x64 versions

A BIG THANKS to everyone over at theOven.org and the Win8PE SE Project for the great work they have done in helping me create this win8pe disk.

Tags: ,

Category: Windows 8, WinPE

About the Author ()

Comments (34)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. zak says:

I have tried x86 version of the updated PE software which does not pick up WIFI Intel 3945ABG card.
    Is there a way I can get over this issue.
    Regards,

• gandalf50 says:

Try launching the PENetwork Icon on the desktop or the the tray.
      Under Properties>Wifi> Select Start

2. Daniel says:

Hi Gandalf,

Thank you for sharing this very well compiled disk.
    I know you have mentioned you might do this in future. It would be really great if you could add NtPassEdit or windows environment password resetting utility. I am using this disk primarly for drive snapshot and resetting passwords. Unfortunately I have not managed to figure out how to add programs / scripts to winbuilder. So if you are not going to implement this solution. I would be happy to give it a try if you share your project files and give me some basic instructions.

Kind Regards
    Dan

3. benthecomputerguy93 says:

gandalf50, I have been doing some research on getting remote desktop working in winPE but am having some problems. Any assistance or knowledge on the matter that you could provide would be much appreciated. My email is benthecomputerguy93@gmail.com. Thanks!

4. CHEICK says:

This link is no longer working can check it I want to download this tool

5. J.P. Beckers says:

Many thanks for your Win8PE boot disk. By far, it’s the best I’ve seen from a long time. All run smoothly, A charm, I said.

Many thanks.

Jean-Pierre Beckers

6. wini8 The pooh says:

Is it possible that a temporary folder is deleted as hiren boot add?
    I downloaded Malwarebytes and end of the installation (although I used the drive B) threw me out.

7. Free Thinker says:

AWESOME! I have spent so much time looking for a Winbuilder script (that works). I had almost given up hope.
    You da man! ㋡

8. Sam says:

I need your help on powershell please let me know your email ID

9. TechClint says:

The download link is working for me but when it downloads, the zip file is empty. Not sure what is going on..

• TechClint says:

Ugh, it’s been a long day. Nevermind, i was trying to download both versions at the same time, which apparently doesn’t work. But I got them now after downloading one at a time. Thanks!

10. betaluva says:

Hi, freakin awesome WinPE! thanks for sharing, just wondering,are you going to update it to Win 8.1 ( the WimBoot feature shows great promise )

11. Maurice says:

Could you maybe update the Win Pe 5.0 to 5.1?

With this exist WIM image, is it not possible to upgrade it to 5.1, because DISM detects problems in the components.

With 5.1, the WIMboot function will be support.

• gandalf50 says:

WIMBoot is only supported on UEFI firmware with SSD. I do no have access to a UEFI firmware and am not using SSD presently.
      Will look into this down the road possibly.

12. Maurice says:

the updates can be also use for the 32bit version if you download the 32 bit version updates of course.

13. Maurice says:

I have anyway manage, to have a working windows 8.1 update 1 PE.

However I needed to manualy make wims.
    Somehow the software utility on over.org does not work correct with newer versions of dism.exe

Beside of that, somehow I don’t get google Chrome in PE working, maybe your versions using a older working version of Chrome.

It would be nice if just could strip a Windows 8 or windows 2012 image, and than turn it after installing software in a PE building.

So you are sure that it works

14. Rocky says:

Hello, really cool iso! Great work!
    Do you have a tutorial on how to create my own? I like to include particular NIC drivers and “imagex.exe” from AIK.
    Thanks!

15. Alama says:

Verry verry Nice job Gandalf !! continue! :)

16. Mario says:

I’ve been trying this PE and it is insanely slow starting up. Tried both the x86 and the x64 versions. Just doing the autologin could take over 10 minutes. I am using several new laptops with Core i7 CPUs (Dell XPS and Latitudes), as well as some older Dell Optiplex 760 and 780 models, but for some reason, this PE is so slow in all my devices, it is useless. Any ideas?

• gandalf50 says:

Some Bios’s seem to boot at only USB 1.1 speeds. I would check your bios settings see if there is a legacy setting.
      I would also try to burn the iso to DVD and see how fast it boots from DVD.
      ON newer systems it works fine for me booting in 2 minutes or less.
      On older systems it depends on whether the bios will boot to USB 2.0
      Dell Latitude D600 boots at USB 1.1 speed and loads in over 10 minutes.
      Dell Latitude D610 boots at USB 2.0 speed and loads in 2 1/2 minutes

17. jaskerx says:

Would this work for flashing a .exe Lenovo BIOS update? I use Linux so this would help a great deal.

18. Van says:

can you add a low level disk wiper? The one you have works ok for cleaning free space, but it would be really handy we could wipe the whole drive. I normally have to use Dariks Boot and Nuke, but most of the time a simple low level wipe that writes zeros to all the sectors would be sufficient.

19. Oren says:

Hi.

Amazing pe.
    One question though – if I want to integrate NIC drivers into it ,is there an easy method?

20. Randy Morrow says:

Thank you very much for this I appreciate it. I donated as well.

21. gandalf50 says: