W3vina.COM Free Wordpress Themes Joomla Templates Best Wordpress Themes Premium Wordpress Themes Top Best Wordpress Themes 2012

Updated Win8PE includes x86 & x64 versions

Written by gandalf50 on 2014/01/03. Posted in Windows 8, WinPE

This is an updated version of my original x86 winpe8 found here plus a new x64 version.  This updated version includes the apps listed below as well as some new ones, like Internet Explorer 10 and ClamWin Antivirus.  I have also applied any new updates to all the portable apps. I am no longer including the ‘press any key’ version, since most users seemed to prefer the version that does not prompt to press a key

Google Chrome 31 Internet Explorer 10
7Zip MBR Fix
ServiWin Regshot
Clamwin Antivirus ANote
Eraser Filezilla FTP
Foxit PDF Reader Irfan View
Multi Res CC Cleaner
Process Explorer Process Hacker
Tree Size Process Monitor
IMDisk Virtual Disk Defraggler
DriveImage XML Drive Snapshot
VLC Virtual Keyboard

All portable apps are listed in the Windows Start Menu under Portable Apps. If you prefer to use the Portable Apps menu instead then run the Portable Apps Menu shortcut on the taskbar.  The portable apps menu also allows you to download more apps by selecting the Apps>Get more apps. These freshly downloaded apps will only be available during the current session

portable apps menu

Screenshots

desktop

all programs menu

system info x86

system info x64

Download Button5

It’s a large download (550 – 750mb) so be patient it can take 10-20 minutes (depending on your internet speed) to download. After downloading burn the boot-able ISO file to CD, USB or mount  the iso

Also be sure to check out my all new Dual Booting Win8.1PE with option to boot into either x86 or x64 versions

A BIG THANKS to everyone over at theOven.org and the Win8PE SE Project for the great work they have done in helping me create this win8pe disk.

Tags: ,

Trackback from your site.

Comments (25)

• zak
    2014/01/04 at 5:16 am |

I have tried x86 version of the updated PE software which does not pick up WIFI Intel 3945ABG card.
    Is there a way I can get over this issue.
    Regards,

• gandalf50
      2014/01/04 at 5:25 am |

Try launching the PENetwork Icon on the desktop or the the tray.
      Under Properties>Wifi> Select Start

• Daniel
    2014/01/14 at 3:03 am |

Hi Gandalf,

Thank you for sharing this very well compiled disk.
    I know you have mentioned you might do this in future. It would be really great if you could add NtPassEdit or windows environment password resetting utility. I am using this disk primarly for drive snapshot and resetting passwords. Unfortunately I have not managed to figure out how to add programs / scripts to winbuilder. So if you are not going to implement this solution. I would be happy to give it a try if you share your project files and give me some basic instructions.

Kind Regards
    Dan

• benthecomputerguy93
    2014/01/17 at 1:07 pm |

gandalf50, I have been doing some research on getting remote desktop working in winPE but am having some problems. Any assistance or knowledge on the matter that you could provide would be much appreciated. My email is benthecomputerguy93@gmail.com. Thanks!

• CHEICK
    2014/01/21 at 10:53 am |

This link is no longer working can check it I want to download this tool

• gandalf50
      2014/01/21 at 11:53 am |

The link works for me

• 2014/02/08 at 9:01 am |

Many thanks for your Win8PE boot disk. By far, it’s the best I’ve seen from a long time. All run smoothly, A charm, I said.

Many thanks.

Jean-Pierre Beckers

• wini8 The pooh
    2014/02/16 at 12:38 pm |

Is it possible that a temporary folder is deleted as hiren boot add?
    I downloaded Malwarebytes and end of the installation (although I used the drive B) threw me out.

• gandalf50
      2014/03/22 at 12:43 pm |

Not sure I understand the question

• Free Thinker
    2014/02/25 at 1:47 pm |

AWESOME! I have spent so much time looking for a Winbuilder script (that works). I had almost given up hope.
    You da man! ㋡

• Sam
    2014/03/27 at 9:43 am |

I need your help on powershell please let me know your email ID

• gandalf50
      2014/03/27 at 3:29 pm |

sent you an email

• TechClint
    2014/04/09 at 10:14 am |

The download link is working for me but when it downloads, the zip file is empty. Not sure what is going on..

• TechClint
      2014/04/09 at 10:18 am |

Ugh, it’s been a long day. Nevermind, i was trying to download both versions at the same time, which apparently doesn’t work. But I got them now after downloading one at a time. Thanks!

• gandalf50
        2014/04/09 at 10:45 am |

We’ve all had some of those.;)
        No worries

• betaluva
    2014/04/15 at 8:59 pm |

Hi, freakin awesome WinPE! thanks for sharing, just wondering,are you going to update it to Win 8.1 ( the WimBoot feature shows great promise )

• Maurice
    2014/04/16 at 1:09 am |

Could you maybe update the Win Pe 5.0 to 5.1?

With this exist WIM image, is it not possible to upgrade it to 5.1, because DISM detects problems in the components.

With 5.1, the WIMboot function will be support.

• gandalf50
      2014/04/16 at 1:44 am |

WIMBoot is only supported on UEFI firmware with SSD. I do no have access to a UEFI firmware and am not using SSD presently.
      Will look into this down the road possibly.

• Maurice
    2014/04/16 at 2:26 am |

You don’t need to have UEFI firmware or modus to update the Windows recovery WIM to PE 5.1

However you could update the boot.wim and install.wim and build a new PE

C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919355.msu contain all the updates.

script:

@echo .
    echo mount
    cd\
    C:
    md mount
    md mount\boot
    md mount\winRe
    md mount\Windows
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:”C:\Images\sources\boot.wim” /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\mount\Boot
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:”C:\Images\sources\install.wim” /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\mount\Windows
    copy C:\mount\Windows\Windows\System32\Recovery\winre.wim “C:\Images\sources\”
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:”C:\Images\sources\winre.wim” /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\mount\WinRE

echo boot updates
    pause
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919442-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Boot /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919355-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Boot /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2932046-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Boot /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2937592-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Boot /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2938439-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Boot /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2949621-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Boot /LogPath:AddPackage.log

echo windows RE updates
    pause
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919442-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919355-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2932046-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2937592-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2938439-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2949621-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /LogPath:AddPackage.log

Echo Windows updates
    pause
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919442-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Windows /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2919355-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Windows /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2932046-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Windows /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2937592-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Windows /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2938439-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Windows /LogPath:AddPackage.log
    Dism /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows8.1-KB2949621-x64.msu /Image:C:\mount\Windows /LogPath:AddPackage.log

echo cleaning
    pause
    Dism /Cleanup-Image /Image:C:\mount\boot /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
    Dism /Cleanup-Image /Image:C:\mount\WinRE /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

echo …
    echo unmount
    pause
    Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\mount\winRE /Commit
    copy C:\images\sources\winre.wim “C:\mount\Windows\Windows\System32\Recovery\winre.wim”
    pause
    Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\mount\boot /Commit
    Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\mount\windows /Commit

echo rename
    ren C:\images\sources\install.wim install1.wim
    pause

echo optimalizing
    pause
    Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\images\sources\install1.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:C:\images\sources\install.wim

• Maurice
    2014/04/16 at 2:36 am |

the updates can be also use for the 32bit version if you download the 32 bit version updates of course.

• Maurice
    2014/04/20 at 3:40 am |

I have anyway manage, to have a working windows 8.1 update 1 PE.

However I needed to manualy make wims.
    Somehow the software utility on over.org does not work correct with newer versions of dism.exe

Beside of that, somehow I don’t get google Chrome in PE working, maybe your versions using a older working version of Chrome.

It would be nice if just could strip a Windows 8 or windows 2012 image, and than turn it after installing software in a PE building.

So you are sure that it works

• Rocky
    2014/06/20 at 12:19 pm |

Hello, really cool iso! Great work!
    Do you have a tutorial on how to create my own? I like to include particular NIC drivers and “imagex.exe” from AIK.
    Thanks!