Gandalf’s Windows 10PE x64 Redstone 2 build 15063 version 10-04-2017

2017/10/02 | By | 59 Replies More

Update 10-10-2017

I have created a x86 version of the Redstone 2 PE and need a few testers to verify if it boots up for them OK.  Send an email if you’re interested in testing it. gandalf50@outlook.com

Update 10-04-2017

I made some small fixes to the build. New build is Gandalf’s Windows 10PE x64 Redstone 2 build 15063 version 10-04-2017. I will leave the old iso in the share (for those who are in the process of downloading it) for the rest of the day then remove it. Hopefully the torrent is also working.

This is a new release of my PE.  This is Gandalf’s Win10PE x64 Redstone 2 build 15063 version 10-04-2017  The apps listed below are included in this build. Programs in Blue are new and programs in Green have been updated in this release.

A BIG THANKS to ChrisR and everyone over at theOven.org without whom this build would not be possible. If you’re interested in making your own build be sure to check them out.

Many NEW APPS added to this release but I haven’t listed them all in this post yet.  I will update the below list in a few days.

Winrar Powerful archiver and archive manager Acronis True Image 2017 x64 Backup and disk imaging solution
MS Paint and Wordpad Microsoft’s basic image and text editors Macrium Reflect 6.1.1311 Backup and disk imaging solution
CCleaner System optimization, privacy and cleaning tool Media player classic Classic Windows media player
HWiNFO Hardware information and diagnostic tool Snipping Tool Screen capture application.
Any Desk Remote Desktop application Teamviewer Remote control solution
Double Drive Driver backup application HDClone 6.0.5 Copy a complete hard disk onto another, larger hard disk
Winmerge File comparison tool CrystalCPUID Get detailed System information
Duplicate File Detective Pro Find duplicate files Ntpwedit Change or remove passwords for local system accounts
AOMEI Partition Assistant Partitioning solution. Partition Wizard Alternate web browser.
Virtual Keyboard Virtual Magnifying Glass
DiskCryptor Disk encryption application similar to Bitlocker Bitlocker Microsoft’s disk encryption application
Powershell Powerful automation tool is both a shell and a scripting language Ultraiso Directly edit ISO files, make images from CD/DVD-ROM
Unlocker Unlocker helps delete locked files with error messages Gimagex A graphical user interface for the ImageX tool
SuperAntiSpyWare  Free Malware Remover Magic Jelly Bean Key Finder A freeware utility that retrieves your Product Keys
HiJackThis Spot home page hijackers and startup programs Ghost The classic imaging tool
NVDA allows blind and vision impaired people to access and interact with Windows VNC Viewer Remote Control Software
Sysinternal Suite Troubleshooting Utilities VLC Media Player Open-source cross-platform multimedia player
IrfanView Image Viewer FastStone Image Viewer  User-friendly image browser, converter and editor.
Mozilla FireFox Another great browser Easy BCD Boot management tool and bcd editor.
Snipping Tool Take snapshots Drive Snapshot Disk imaging solution
AOMEI Backuper Imaging and backup application. Rufus Utility to format and create bootable USB flash drives
Wise Data Recovery Recovery program to get back deleted photos, documents, etc. WinToolkit Customize Your Windows Installation
ImgBurn  CD burning tool. Treesize Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs
Defraggler Disk Defragmenter RecoverKeys Retrieves your Product Keys
Remote Desktop Latest version of Windows remote desktop. DismGui 4 Dism with a graphical interface
DtSearch Desktop Engine  instant searching of desktop-accessible files Advanced Renamer 3.72  Batch rename files and folders
Chromium Portable Chrome based  Browser Powershell Automation scripting
R-Drive Image 6.0 Disk backup & recovery
WinNC 6.2 Filemanager for Windows 10 a la Norton Commander. WinUtilities System performance and optimization suite
Amigabit Data Recovery Recover lost data from computer Ant Renamer
Audacity Audio editor Active Partition Manager 5 Manage storage devices and the logical drives or partitions
Bulk Rename Easily batch rename files and folders Directory List and Print Enables listing and printing the content of any directory
FolderSizes 8.2 Disk space analysis tool
AusLogics Disk Defrag  Disk defragmenter software 7Zip Archiver and archive manager can also be used for editing wim files.
UndeleteOnClick  CDBurnerXP CD DVD Burning software
ClamWin Antivirus Software Advanced Renamer 3.72  Batch rename files and folders
Casper Disk imaging solution Crystal Disk Info
Crystal Disk Mark Disk  HDDExpert
DuplicateFilesFinder  Duplicates  files finder EASEUS Partition Master Partitioning software
EasyBCD Avira PC Cleaner
EasyRecovery Advanced System Care Registry Cleaner and PC optimizer
Filezilla Active Disk Image
Free Download Manager Download manager Directory List and Print Enables listing and printing the content of any directory
FastStone Image Viewer Fast, stable, user-friendly image browser, converter and editor. GetRight  Disk space analysis tool
Hard Disk Sentinel Monitoring hard disk health and temperature. Test and repair HDD problems GSmartControl Hard disk drive and SSD health inspection tool..
JkDefrag  Disk Defragmenter Treesize Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs
Defraggler Disk Defragmenter RecoverKeys Retrieves your Product Keys
Powershell Automation scripting
R-Drive Image 6.0 Disk backup & recovery
WinUtilities System performance and optimization suite
Amigabit Data Recovery Recover lost data from computer Ant Renamer
FolderSizes 8.2 Disk space analysis tool
Casper CDBurnerXP CD DVD Burning software
UndeleteOnClick Disk imaging solution Crystal Disk Info
Crystal Disk Mark Disk  HDDExpert
EasyBCD Avira PC Cleaner
EasyRecovery Advanced System Care Registry Cleaner and PC optimizer
Filezilla Active Disk Image
GetRight  Disk space analysis tool

Start Menu

Ctrl Tab Keyboard layout Language Switching

Connecting to Wi-Fi

Build Notes

• Keyboard Language Switcher loads 4 languages English, German, French, Portuguese Brazil Use Ctrl Tab to switch to your preferred keyboard language
  • Windows Remote Desktop refuses to connect but using Terminals RDP works.
  • System Account is used so using TeamViewer  5 which doesn’t require admin account
  • Shutdown and Restart commands on the Start 10 menu do not work. Use the Reboot and Shutdown commands on the the start menu
  • Comes with many more built-in Wi-Fi and lan drivers
  • If you want a different wallpaper then choose the Wallpaper switcher located under the supplementary menu

Download from OneDrive                                             Download from Google Drive

It’s a very large download almost 5gb so be patient it can take 30-60 minutes (depending on your internet speed) to download.  After downloading, burn the bootable ISO file to  a USBe of 8gb or larger, using rufus or a similar program to create your bootable USB.  Do not burn to DVD, since many apps need to write data to the application folder.  If download doesn’t work on OneDrive  it’s because MS is preventing my sharing to everyone, so send me a comment with a good email and I will add your email to the share.

Checksum for Gandalf’sWin10PEx64Redstone2_10-04-2017.ISO

MD5 Checksum: 1A17AAE6B1A5C28FFD735DC73E48159F

Tags: ,

Category: Windows 10 PE, Windows PE's

Comments (59)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. mgforce says:

Thank you for this new updated release. Appreciate the time & efforts put in by you. Will download and try it out.

2. route99 says:

Tnx.. an amazing blueish update ;)….

PS: Is there still a link for the Gandalf Windows XP (only 32 bits)?
    In those day I did not “discover” you.
    In some cases it is handy that for compatibility reasons one may need it.
    Or some old hardware does not allow higher versions?
    Tnx…

3. Qual says:

4. vittorio says:

Many thanks for your great Job. Actually the download from torrent doesn’t work.
    Thanks again

5. SteveSi says:

Works in Easy2Boot now just as .iso file :-)
    The Desktop link for ‘Musings of an IT Pro’ does not seem to work???

• oldRossy says:

I downloaded the v.latest from OneDrive (Tue.) and added it as an .iso to my WINPE folder on E2B drive and it’s not working fully for me…

Did you have to make any changes to E2B (or the ISO?) to get it to have a PortableApps Icon or Menu? I still can’t get anything other than the desktop and the network to work.

I stuck a PortableApps drive into the PC and Firefox worked from there but obviously I am looking for Apps such AnyDesk, Partition Wizard, UltraISO and several more..
      The system also refuses to Shutdown or Restart which is odd…

Many thanks in advance to anyone for their ideas even investigatory!
      And OF COURSE – MANY THANKS TO GANDALF FOR HIS HEROIC EFFORTS – I am sure the problems are at ‘my end’ somehow… Cheers, oldRossy

• Justin says:

Looks pretty good so far, great job! Though I can confirm that the desktop link for this site doesn’t work and that it has difficulty restarting or shutting down; minor issues.

6. ChrisR says:

Thanks for your thanks text at the top and congratulations for all the work done on this “Large” ready-to-use compilation.
    Hoping that there’s still some room available for those who want to build by themselves.

7. Tim says:

Thank you I hope to get torrent working soon or a direct download thank you for the hard work

8. someone says:

“Bug report” for the release post ;-): in the apps table everything below the “JkDefrag…”-line is a duplicate.

Suggestion: use mega.nz (50 GB storage free) additionally or instead of OneDrive to host the files. No more sharing problems.

• gandalf50 says:

😀 Still working on completing that. Used Mega on a previous build an people complained it would stop at a certain percent of the download and never complete.

9. Dave says:

Downloading now. Thanks ! Still would LOVE to have VMware player/workstation installed on this. I would be so nice, as this is the ONE thing I could use on a portable OS.

I know workstation has a lot of resources but, does the player app ?

It does look like everything else is here :)

10. Ministry_Of_Info says:

Hi,Could you post checksum here?
    keep up the good work.
    Merci!

• gandalf50 says:

Checksum was at the end of the post but somehow got lost during editing. I put it there now.
      MD5 Checksum: BB687758BA118D28D1F626E6C8CF9A72

11. SteveSi says:

Latest E2B is v1.95. Just download and run it and click on Update_E2B_drive button. The Gandalf ISO should have a .iso file extension.

12. Robert Crombie says:

Never mind, I have managed to download it, using Google Drive.
    I don’t know if what I did the 2nd time helped, or was it just ‘the wind blowing in the right direction’.
    What I did was right click and chose Copy to my Google Drive.
    And then I downloaded my copy.

Thanks,
    rob

13. ethan says:

torrent still does not work

14. Rob Crombie says:

Is there a forum where we can discuss this program ?
    I have a couple of issues –
    – It does not appear to remember my preferences (I am using USB ver)
    – I would like for it to not do a disc repair when it boots. The laptop has a damaged drive, which takes days to repair (actually never finishes checking). The reason I am giving the owner this USB version, is so he has something to run. Is there a setting that tells it NOT to do the checks ?

• gandalf50 says:

Any OS related changes will not be saved because the OS boots in Ram. So adding or removing shortcuts will not be saved this way.
      This does not do a disk repair automatically. Sounds like the problems computer is doing that.

• Rob Crombie says:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
        If I return the friend’s laptop, with your bootable USB, there would be two things that would drive them crazy –
        1) When it boots it forgets which country (I am in Australia)
        2) The keyboard goes weird. Type w and we get a z (and a couple of other similar problems). I managed to change things to Australia, and somehow that fixed the keyboard problem. However on next boot, it was no longer Australia, and the keyboard problem returns.
        Is there some configuration file(s) that I can tweak on the thumb drive, to at least make those two changes permanent ?

Lesser importance, but I am curious – Can we install other programs, or are they all forgotten on next boot ?

Is it OK me asking these questions on this web page, or is there some other forum that users of your brilliant program can compare notes ?

Rob
        PS I am on the pension, and pay full flat rental. After the next rent gets met, I will make a donation.

• gandalf50 says:

IF you look at the flag symbol in the tray it was probably showing france when you had the w-z problem. Just Ctl Tab to get the US keyboard
          YOu can install portable apps of your liking in the programs folder on the Y: usb drive. and then just manually find the folder and run the app or create shortcuts in a folder on the y: drive and drag them to the desktop.You could also edit the wim and drop those new app shortcuts onto the desktop folder for the default user.
          PS. I’m on pension too. I know how that goes. 🙄

• SteveSi says:

You can add other portable apps to the Desktop, change wallpaper, add registry entries (maybe to change kbd?), add drivers, etc.
          see http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/143_pestartup

• SteveSi says:

You can add apps to the Desktop, configure the wallpaper, etc. without needing to rebuild it.

see http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/143_pestartup

15. corneliu apostol says:

many thanks again;
    the magnet torrent seems to work fine for me (.ro) (romania) at cca 2.5 Mb/s, with big help from canada and …france!
    thanks!

16. corneliu apostol says:

23 minutes all , with a pick 7.8 Mb/s

17. zboq says:

Hi!
    I tested this build on DELL T320 and it booted fine, but I was unable to restart nor shutdown the computer after after it fully booted up.
    When i clicked on restart, start menu frozed for 20-30s and then i was able to use it again but no restart happened.
    To restart the computer, I had to do a force shutdown using power button.
    Any ideas ?

18. Qual says:

Version 10-04-2017 should be 2017/10/04 or 2017-10-04
    10-04-2017 is the standard European date format and means April 10th 2017.
    Therefor your date indication is very confusing.

19. popolo says:

Shut down <===error
    Map Network Drive <===error

20. Andy says:

Thanks for your wonderful work on these builds.

I’m having issues with this build. Boots up fine, gets to the Redstone 2 wallpaper, gets to the desktop, immediately several error messages pop up (6-7 errors), the screen goes blank, and stays that way.
    1. These error messages are blank. They do have a window title, but the characters are all boxes. No letters in any language or numbers, as if the OS doesn’t recognize the font
    2. When the screen goes blank, this is not the screen turning off. The screen’s backlight stays on, but black and empty. It stays that way. And is frozen. I tried blindnly doing Win+r > cmd > shutdown -r -t 00, and nothing happens. Completely frozen.
    This is repeatable. Happens the same every time. I had the previous x64 on this stick, and have the x86 on another stick, and hadn’t seen this issue before.

It probably does matter, I just don’t see how. The ISO is written with YUMI. The previous one was also written with YUMI, and was fine.

Ideas?

21. SteveSi says:

How much memory (RAM) does the system have? I think the new Gandalf needs 2GB or more?
    Try other systems. Try making an Easy2Boot USB drive and just add the Gandalf ISO file to the \_ISO\MAINMENU folder and boot.

• Andy says:

E2B not an option. Cannot test on these two sticks, and don’t have another spare one.
      RAM does sound like the probable issue. This machine has only 2GB. Don’t have another machine to test on. Will try at a friend’s, sometime. Thanks for the pointer.

Gandalf: is there another 32bit build (since 14393) in the future?

22. Rocky says:

I can’t download file via Onedrive or Google drive :(

23. Pixar says:

Hi, Thanks for this work. I downloaded Gandalf’sWin10PEx64Redstone2_10-04-2017.iso via google drive and the checksum given at the top of the page (and the one in this thread which is different!) do not match – the ISO opens and seems fine but not sure why the checksum is different.
    FE055285E46544775A306C1C4CC50AFF is what I get
    Thanks

24. Tim says:

I am stuck on the torrent 90%

• Carlos says:

If you guys appreciate his time and effort please donate a buck or 2 because a snack or cup of coffee really makes a difference.

25. daniel says:

Get some virus reported:
    Nothing to worry about?

Any possibility to switch to swiss-french keyboard?
    thanks

• gandalf50 says:

I’m not concerned about them. You can always delete those apps if concerned.
      TO change to swiss-french edit the pecmdExt.ini in the root folder of the usb stick
      add
      //Swiss French
      EXEC !%WinDir%\System32\Wpeutil.exe SetKeyboardLayout 100c:0000100c
      you can remove the other languages if not needed.

26. MrHide says:

Thanks for for your fine work.

MrHide

27. Tim says:

Is SuperAntiSpyware Missing or is it just me?

• gandalf50 says:

I forgot to add it. I will probably update the build in a few weeks to fix some small issues and add it.

28. thank you. i will download this

29. SonGoku says:

Hello,
    I have tried the first Redstone 2 and the updated one, whenever I try to download with any browser in the updated release the browser crashes after a few seconds no matter what file size the file has.
    It doesn’t happen in the first release or the previous (2016) one.
    It replicates any time for me with any PC.
    For the time being I would like to get a link for the first release as I deleted it from my PC as soon as I downloaded the updated one.

• gandalf50 says:

There does seem to be an issue with downloading in chrome, but I had no problems with Firefox. Google chrome is a portable app ver. 61, so when download chrome portable updates to version 62 try updating it to that and see if the downloads start working or you can try finding version 60 or earlier portable version. I believe the earlier build had version 60.

• SonGoku says:

So I tried again with Firefox and with chrome (both latest versions), I re-downloaded both and put them in my bootable USB drive in their respective folders, I found that under regular windows 10 (pro) both browsers finish their downloads without issues,
        but under the PE version only Firefox does.
        moreover, “Lazesoft Disk Image & Clone” has “random” issues that are hard to replicate that basically prevent the program from restoring an image to a drive, plus it takes AGES to restore the content (2 hours for about 40-50 gigs vs 8 minutes in “Acronis true image”)

30. oldRossy says:

I did offer to trial the x86 version but had no reply but that’s OK.
    Does anyone know if the x86 version is (yet) in the same OneDrive folder as the x64s?