Gandalf’s Windows 7PE x64 version 07-24-2018

2018/07/24 | By | 9 Replies More

For those still in love with windows 7 and who have been asking for an update and a x64 version. Here it is. 😃

Gandalf’s Windows 7PE x64 version 07-24-2018

This version includes many of the same apps found on the most recent Windows 10 Redstone 3 version.  See below.

A BIG THANKS to ChrisR and everyone over at theOven.org without whom this build would not be possible. If you’re interested in making your own build be sure to check them out.

Utilities included on the PE

Desktop

All the Apps listed in the Windows Start Menu under All Programs

Checksum for Gandalf’sWin7PEx64-07-24-2018.iso

MD5 Checksum: 941DB4DA3C8326B7174F246766A38DA3

Tags: ,

Category: Windows PE's

Comments (9)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Gene says:

Thanks so much for creating this ! But so far I am wondering what I might have done wrong in making the stick with Rufus. The result boots up, but (for me) had rather limited functionality. The browsers error out when invoked — something about a Path Not Found ? I should have taken a snapshot of it, and I may do that — though I think there may already be a log saved with that info ? It said something about NTFS vs. FAT-32 formatting on the stick, as one of the possible causes. If so, that would be surprising, since I’ve made flashdrives with a couple other of your releases — as NTFS — and did not encounter that issue.

Also, I added a handful of portable apps to the flashdrive: they are definitely on the flashdrive, but are not showing up in Control Panel | Explorer, and so cannot be used. I’m pretty sure I have done this before, with other of your Win PE releases, with such items being accessible and usable. I’ll probably try doing this all over again from scratch, but would like to learn where I went wrong.

2. chris says:

windows 7 64 says cant run display in analog mode but it booted it then that message with a black screen

also when I run the windows 10 live one u just created none of the programs are working says it cant find them they might be on networked drive

• gandalf50 says:

Analog monitor. Time to come out of the dark ages. ;) If none of the programs are working it sounds like the usb drive is not being mapped to Y:
      Under system tools run the remount CdDrive Y that should fix the issues. It sounds like you may have a bunch of drives on that system.

• Chris says:

It’s an lcd screen I tried useing dvi and vga but both said the same thing I’ll try the second option for Windows 10 but since the file is so big I am unable to put it on my multi boot flash drive as it’s fat 32 because I use it to also install windows 10 uefi I use winsetupfromusb if u have any ideas in open to hear them

• Chris says:

Still get the same message even after remounting

• Gene says:

I’ll have to try the remounting suggestion, to see if it makes any difference re what I mentioned earlier.

I happen to still use a great CRT monitor that I love, and which unfortunately could not be replaced whenever it does finally give up the ghost. They can call me a Luddite, but I think the Analog | LCD thing is a red herring: can’t recall ever coming across *anything* that would not run just fine on the CRT.

3. Z101891 says:

Clicking on the download link above (http://windowsmatters.com/tag/winpe/#Jump to download link)
    does not get me to Gandalf’s Windows 7PE x64 version 07-24-2018 download. What am I doing wrong?

4. Gene says:

The prior d/l links (with Google Drive or ____ ?) seem to be absent from this and the W10 Redstone PE pages: unless I’m missing something as I re-read this, there is only one for Windows Driver Support — an ad. Maybe something is being worked on, but I guess we just need to be patient.